Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Auntie Marie and My Cousins

Our final visit in Connecticut was to my Auntie Marie's home. Had to use the GPS for this visit! We arrived at 3:00 pm and both my Auntie Marie and cousin Jim were home. It was great to see them both again. We caught up on whats been happening in both our lives. My aunt has had several surgeries in the past few years but she really looks good for her age (83 years young - Sorry Auntie Marie...).

My cousin Rose Marie (named after my mother Rose) arrived and she looked like she hasn't aged a day! She bears a striking resemblance to my mother. A short time later, my cousin Frank showed up and then my cousin Bob came home from work. What a surprise to see all my cousins together. Of course Peg and I were invited to dinner. What do you have at an Italian household for dinner. Lasagna and red wine of course!! The food and conversation was wonderful and I am so glad we stopped to say "hello". Auntie Marie has always been one of my favorite aunts!

After removing the ice from our slide awnings in the morning, we headed out for Pennsylvania. What the heck are we doing in the northeast at this time of year anyway???


No comments: